The Office of Child and Youth Protection is announcing CAP (Child Assault Prevention) sessions.
CAP is the safe environment training program for adults who have regular contact with minors. Attendance is required in order to comply with the USCCB’s Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People. The policy of the Diocese of Camden is that adults will attend CAP once every five years.
CAP 1 teaches attendees to recognize child abuse and neglect and how to report to the proper authorities. CAP 1 is for new volunteers and employees.
CAP 2 is called No More Bullies, No More Victims and is a workshop addressing bullying awareness and bullying prevention. Cyber-bullying is also presented.
CAP 3 is called Cyber-Empowerment and is a workshop which promotes adults understanding of cyber activity of youth while teaching them realistic ways to help children keep their own rights and guard the rights of others in the cyber-sphere.
Each presentation is 90 minutes.
Adults who are new employees or volunteers should attend CAP 1 before attending CAP 2 or CAP 3. After five years, adults have the option of attending CAP 1 or 2 again if they prefer.
The following sessions will be offered in December:
CAP Phase 1
– Monday, Dec. 2, 7 p.m., St. Monica, Atlantic City, Mother Lewis Hall.
– Monday, Dec. 2, 7 p.m., Holy Trinity School, Westville Grove, Holy Redeemer Site.
– Thursday, Dec. 5, 7 p.m., Parish of the Holy Cross, Bridgeton, St. Teresa of Avila Site. (Session in Bridgeton will be held in Spanish and English)
– Tuesday, Dec. 10, 7 p.m., Holy Family, Sewell, Aquin Building.
– Tuesday, Dec. 10, 6:30 p.m., Cape Trinity School, Wildwood.
– Wednesday, Dec. 11, 7 p.m., St. Teresa Regional School, Runnemede, School Hall
CAP Phase 2 – Bullying Prevention
– Tuesday, Dec. 3, 7 p.m., St. Joseph the Worker, Haddon Township, Memorial Hall.
– Thursday, Dec. 5, 7 p.m., St. Gabriel the Archangel, Carneys Point, Parish Center.
CAP Phase 3 – Cyber Empowerment
No CAP 3
To attend one of these classes, call the CAP registration line in the
Office of Child and Youth
Protection, 856-583-6165, or email Diane.Diggons@camdendiocese.org to register. Please register at least five days before the session.
The CAP schedule, location, phone numbers and directions may be found on the diocesan website @ www.camdendiocese.org.