In Berlin, 53 pounds of sound

In Berlin, 53 pounds of sound

berlinbell-webA young boy rings the bell at the dedication of the Bell Tower on Sept. 10 at St. Simon Stock Parish in Berlin, as Deacon Joseph Beebe and pastor James Dabrowski look on.

The Archangel Knights of Columbus 7429 have finalized their Bell Tower project for the St. Simon Stock Parish.

The project, from initial planning to completion, took more than a year. The cost of $4,500 was covered by fundraisers sponsored by the Knights and other funds in the Knights of Columbus coffers.

In 2009 St. Simon Stock Parish was established from the merger of Our Lady of Mount Carmel, Berlin, and St. Edward, Pine Hill.

The 1953 bell was previously at St. Edward Parish.

In early 2011, Archangel 7429 Knights moved the 250 pound bell, memorial plaque and stainless steel structure from the Pine Hill grounds to Berlin, seat of the new parish.

The next task was erecting the bell tower.

On Sept. 9 Father James Dabrowski, pastor, blessed the St. Edward’s Bell Tower and dedicated it to deceased and former parishioners of St. Edward Parish.

Categories: Latest News

About Author