The Catholic Star Herald is presenting a pilgrimage to Fatima and Lourdes with Barcelona, hosted by Father Tom Barcellona, pastor of Christ the Redeemer Parish in Atco, this autumn. The pilgrimage will take place from Oct. 31 to Nov. 8 and will visit many historical and religious sites in Portugal, Spain and France. The visits will include:
• Fatima, Portugal, the world-famous religious center, for Mass and an exploration of the Basilica at Fatima to see the tombs of Francisco and Jacinta Marto, two of the three children to whom Our Lady appeared at Fatima, and its grounds
• Aljustrel, where the children lived, and the Valinhos, where Our Lady appeared after the children’s return from prison
• Nazare, a coastal village that is one of the most picturesque spots in Portugal
• Alcobaca, for a stop at the Alcobaca Monastery
• Burgos, Spain, the cradle of the Castile region, for a stop at the Cathedral of Burgos
• Lourdes, France, the pilgrimage site where the Virgin Mary appeared in the Grotto of Massabielle to the shepherd girl Bernadette 18 times in 1858, for Mass and a walking tour to visit the places associated with the life of St. Bernadette
• Carcassone, Spain, a town known for its medieval atmosphere
• Barcelona, Spain, one of Europe’s most popular cities, for a tour that will showcase Las Ramblas Boulevard, Columbus Monument, Parc Montjuic and Antonio Gaudi’s masterpieces – Mila House, Parc Guell and La Sagrada Familia.
Per person rates for the pilgrimage are $2,819 for double occupancy, $3,119 for single occupancy and $2,789 for triple occupancy. The rates include round trip air fare from Philadelphia International Airport, lodging and 14 meals. For reservations or more information, call 800-944-3349. The group reservation number for the pilgrimage is 427867.