Click Here to Subscribe

Photos: Father Naticchione First Mass

Bishop's Schedule

The Bishop’s Schedule, May 26 – June 2

by Staff Reports
May 21, 2026
0
ShareTweet

Featured

The Ascension, like death, not a departure, but a lifting

by Father Michael A. de Leon, AM
16 hours ago
0
ShareTweet

Bishop connects with staff, mission at SSJ Neighborhood Center

by Staff Reports
3 days ago
0
ShareTweet

Faith, Media and the Boardwalk

by Staff Reports
4 days ago
0
ShareTweet
  • Contact
  • Advertise
  • Subscribe
  • Home
Thursday, May 21, 2026
Catholic Star Herald
  • News
    • From Bishop Williams
    • Parish Life
    • Diocesan News
    • Sports
    • Columns
      • From Bishop Sullivan
    • Obituaries
    • World/Nation
  • Catholic Schools
  • Español
  • Features
    • Special Supplements
      • Thank You Bishop Sullivan
      • Welcome Bishop Williams
      • Jubilarians
    • Entertainment
      • Movie Reviews
    • Photo Galleries
    • Talking Catholic
    • Latest Videos
    • Health and Wellness
  • Advertise
  • More
    • Classified
    • Subscribe
    • Contact Us
  • News
    • From Bishop Williams
    • Parish Life
    • Diocesan News
    • Sports
    • Columns
      • From Bishop Sullivan
    • Obituaries
    • World/Nation
  • Catholic Schools
  • Español
  • Features
    • Special Supplements
      • Thank You Bishop Sullivan
      • Welcome Bishop Williams
      • Jubilarians
    • Entertainment
      • Movie Reviews
    • Photo Galleries
    • Talking Catholic
    • Latest Videos
    • Health and Wellness
  • Advertise
  • More
    • Classified
    • Subscribe
    • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Catholic Star Herald
No Result
View All Result
Home Featured

Canonization of Blessed Acutis postponed, Vatican announces

Catholic News Service by Catholic News Service
April 21, 2025
in Featured, Latest News, World/Nation
Reading Time: 2 mins read
0
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
A boy kneels in prayer before an image of Blessed Carlo Acutis during Adoration at Saint Rita of Cascia Church in the South Bronx, N.Y. (OSV News photo/Gregory A. Shemitz)

By Carol Glatz / Catholic News Service

VATICAN CITY – With the death of Pope Francis, the canonization of Blessed Carlo Acutis, which was scheduled for April 27, has been postponed.

“Following the death of the Supreme Pontiff Francis, notice is hereby given that the Eucharistic celebration and the rite of the canonization of Blessed Carlo Acutis, scheduled for April 27, 2025, second Sunday of Easter or Divine Mercy Sunday, on the occasion of the Jubilee of Adolescents, is suspended,” the Vatican press office announced April 21.

The Mass for the Jubilee of Adolescents, however, would still be held, Matteo Bruni, head of the press office told reporters, clarifying that what had been canceled was a Mass for a canonization. The Holy Year and its associated events and Masses would continue, he added. The Jubilee of Adolescents was scheduled for April 25-27 in Rome.

The Dicastery for Evangelization’s section for new evangelization, which is organizing the Holy Year 2025, shared its sorrow for the death of Pope Francis.

“We join in prayer” for his passing “in unity with all of God’s people and the whole world,” it said in a note released April 21.

It confirmed the program for the Jubilee of Adolescents has remained mostly the same, including the April 26 pilgrimage to the Holy Door and Mass April 27 in St. Peter’s Square.

What has changed, it said, is there will be no canonization ceremony April 27, and the “musical celebration” scheduled to be held in Rome’s Circus Maximus April 26 is canceled out of respect for the period of mourning.

Pope Francis had approved the decree for the canonization of Blessed Acutis May 23, 2024, and announced the date for his canonization end of November. He will be the first millennial to become a saint.

Previous Post

Archbishop Broglio’s statement on death of Pope Francis

Next Post

UPDATE: Pope Francis’ cause of death announced

Related Posts

Catholic School News

New Jerseyans urged to push for nonpublic school security funding

May 21, 2026
Columns

The Ascension, like death, not a departure, but a lifting

May 21, 2026
Photos by Frank Scaramuzzo
Dozens of South Jersey’s faithful lift their arms in praise during the Hispanic Catholic Charismatic Renewal on May 16 in Bellmawr.
Latest News

Faithful gather for spiritual renewal ahead of Pentecost

May 21, 2026
Photos by John Kalitz
Diocesan News

Father Naticchione celebrates first Mass in Ventnor

May 20, 2026
Facebook Twitter Instagram LinkedIn Youtube RSS

No Result
View All Result

Latest News

New Jerseyans urged to push for nonpublic school security funding

Faithful gather for spiritual renewal ahead of Pentecost

Father Naticchione celebrates first Mass in Ventnor

Bishop Dolan: Presence, connection, education keys to mental wellness

Bishop connects with staff, mission at SSJ Neighborhood Center

Latest Videos

View Ordination of Nickolas B. Naticchione in Cathedral

The legacy of Pope Francis

Pope Leo’s first Easter message

See livestream of Bishop Williams celebrating annual Chrism Mass

Pope Leo XIV’s first Palm Sunday

Around the Diocese

  • The Diocese of Camden
  • Talking Catholic Podcast
  • Catholic Charities
  • Advertise
  • Catholic Cemeteries
  • VITALity Healthcare Services
  • Housing Services
  • Camden Deacon
  • Camden Priest
  • South Jersey Catholic Schools
  • Man Up South Jersey
  • Catholic Business Network

Additional Resources

  • New Jersey Independent Victim Compensation Fund
  • Quick Guide to Reporting Sexual Abuse
  • List of Credibly Accused Priests and Parish Resources
  • Bishop’s Commission Report on Catholic Schools

Reorganization of the Diocese

  • Chapter 11 Claims filing info
  • Chapter 11 Prime Clerk Filing

© All Rights Reserved | May 21, 2026 | Catholic Star Herald of the Diocese of Camden

En español/Sa Tagalog

Add the Catholic Star Herald to your home screen

For Android users(Chrome) tap the at the top right vertical 3 dots then tap “Add to Home Screen”

For iPhone tap:at the bottom and then tap “Add to Home Screen”

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

If you need assistance with submitting your subscription, please call Neal Cullen at 856-583-6139, or email Neal.Cullen@camdendiocese.org

No Result
View All Result
  • News
    • From Bishop Williams
    • Parish Life
    • Diocesan News
    • Sports
    • Columns
      • From Bishop Sullivan
    • Obituaries
    • World/Nation
  • Catholic Schools
  • Español
  • Features
    • Special Supplements
      • Thank You Bishop Sullivan
      • Welcome Bishop Williams
      • Jubilarians
    • Entertainment
      • Movie Reviews
    • Photo Galleries
    • Talking Catholic
    • Latest Videos
    • Health and Wellness
  • Advertise
  • More
    • Classified
    • Subscribe
    • Contact Us

© All Rights Reserved | May 21, 2026 | Catholic Star Herald of the Diocese of Camden