St. Mary School celebrates 60 years


stmaryschool-webAmong those honored during St. Mary’s School, Williamstown, 60th anniversary liturgy and communion breakfast on Saturday, Oct. 3 were, from left, Judy McBride, principal; Christine Budniak, alumni and faculty; Diane Penney, faculty; Frank Broomell, alumni; Maryann Wilkins, alumni; and Ann Wade, faculty. Also honored, but not pictured were Denise Adams, alumni; Erika Nolan-Fischer, alumni; Erin Hagney, alumni and faculty; Hank Saia, staff; Kathy Simon, alumni; and posthumously former vice principal, Connie Gledhill. The school was dedicated on Oct. 3, 1949, with 246 children enrolled in the first four grades. Since then it has grown to close to 600 children from the 3-year-old preschool program through eighth grade.